Interviewing actress Nedy Valdivia


1.-Can you tell us a little about yourself and how you started your acting career?

I guess you could say I technically started my acting career at the end of 2019. I had just moved to Nashville and had began searching agencies near me. Within a couple weeks, I walked into an agency that had an open call in Franklin, auditioned, and received a contract. I had the mentality of even though I really don’t know exactly what I’m doing, I guess this is where you fake it to make it. And I guess that’s what acting is all about. I had nothing to lose, so I just went for it.

2.-What inspired you to become an actress?

That’s a great question. I don’t know exactly why, but I remember at the age of around five, wanting to be an actress “when I grew up”

3.-Which role has been the most challenging for you so far, and why?

I would probably have to say the more dramatic roles. I’m naturally a sensitive person, but keeping that consistent level of depth within my character has been growing for me.

4.-How do you prepare for a new character?

I ask myself who is this character? How would they feel if they said this or if this happened to them? And I try to live it as often as possible within my daily life so it feels more natural to me when I’m actually on set.

5.-Is there a particular performance that you are especially proud of?

Honestly, it would probably be one of my early on music videos. I actually had brought an onion onset to help make me cry and looking back the thought is funny, but when it actually came down to it, I was able to evoke emotions that made me cry on the spot.

6.-What have been some of the biggest challenges you have faced in the entertainment industry?

Probably, like everyone has gone through, would be the continual rejection. It makes you question yourself a lot and it makes you wonder if you’ll ever be good enough but following those dreams within you regardless of how quickly things seem to move, I believe is key to succeeding.

7.-How do you balance your personal life with your professional career?

It kind of works both ways. When I am in work mode, I have to set aside all of the distractions, and when I am in rest mode, I also have to set aside all of distractions. It’s definitely important to stay grounded though and to remember that your work life is not your identity. For me, having those reset times are just as important as my work. But I always go by the motto “work hard, play hard.”

8.-Have you ever learned a valuable lesson from a character you portrayed?

Yes, playing different characters has helped to discover parts of me I did not realize existed.

9.-Who are some actors or actresses that have inspired you throughout your career?

Lucille Ball, Robin Williams, Jim Carey and Julia Roberts.

10.-What do you enjoy most about working in film and television?

Getting to meet and work with talented creatives. Seeing places I’ve never dreamed of or knew existed and being able to contribute to the industry in my own unique way.

11.-How has the industry changed since you began your career?

It’s made it more accessible to be able to still be in the industry while submitting an audition virtually that you are going for from across the country.

 12.-Are there any upcoming projects that you are excited to share with your fans?

I can’t really share too much right now, but be on the lookout and follow me on my socials to stay connected to me and my journey!

13.-What would you like your legacy to be as an actress?

To be the kind of actress that inspires others to hope, wonder, and dream again.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress, model and musician: Abigail

Interviewing actress and filmmaker Jane Elizabeth Dillon

Interviewing actress Ashley Kirkland