Interviewing model Martina Ascone
1.-How did you first discover your passion for modeling, and what inspired you to pursue it professionally?
My passion for modeling actually started when I was very young, bit vain and loved being the center of attention! Before he became ill, my father was always holding a camera or a camcorder, and I absolutely loved posing and acting for him. As a young woman, I started getting my first offers for photography collaborations. While my height prevented me from doing traditional runway work, photographers always told me that I had a natural gift in front of the lens. Others also
herself in a role, and being in front of the camera brings my imaginative side alive like nothing else.
For me, a pose is never just a pose, and a look is never just a look. I communicate when words aren't enough, it's the place where my inner world truly shines through. Professionally, I didn't actually start out purely as a model, but rather as a Brand Ambassador, it allowed me to blend several of my passions together. But I absolutely love being called a model, so please feel free to keep calling me that!
Thank you so much.
2.-Do you remember your first professional modeling experience? What was that moment like for you?
Of course I remember! I was 15 years old, posing for a photographer from Piedmont. I remember wearing fishnet tights and a Zara shirt, which I still keep to this day as a special memory.Right from that moment, I felt completely at ease, and I immediately realized that this was my world. When the lights are on me, I feel empowered to tell my personality and my story through my poses. There is nothing more magical and
me so much, beyond my natural talent. My eyes hold so many experiences, and my poses express everything my body has been through.
3.-The modeling industry can be very competitive. What have been some of the biggest challenges you have faced throughout your career?
Honestly, everything is competitive and challenging today, regardless of the industry. myself because the industry is looking for people who bring a story, not just a pretty
I bring. I may not have traditional runway height, but I have a natural gift as a photo model and as a Brand Ambassador. I bring charisma,
resilience, sensitivity, sweetness, striking contrasts, and, as someone once described me, a touch of eccentricity. That unique mix makes me perfect for Fashion.
4.-What do you believe makes a model truly stand out, beyond physical appearance?
Without a doubt, personality. The greatest models throughout history have always possessed a strong personality and intelligenc always believed that behind all the glamour, there is immense hard work, countless sacrifices, and above all, a powerful personality that commands attention.
5.-Is there a particular photographer, designer, brand, or creative professional you have always dreamed of working with?
Honestly, no single name comes to mind. While there are certainly styles that naturally
and driven by a deep desire to constantly discover new sides of myself. Every Photographer, Designer, Brand, or Dreative Professional has the unique ability to unlock something new within you. I am 100% certain of that. Art knows no boundaries.
6.-Fashion and beauty trends are constantly changing. How do you develop and maintain your own personal style?
I love this question! At the same time, I think my approach is quite unique. For me, dressing up isn't about following trends, it's about creating who we are through fashion. Trends come and go, but personal style is an evolving reflection of your identity, your
clothing and aesthetics as tools to express my inner world and bring my true self to life.
7.-What has been the most memorable photoshoot or modeling project of your career so far, and why?
The most memorable moment so far was when I was a guest at @PianoNobileTorino. I only had my makeup artist with me because the photographer couldn't make it, but the venue's owner ended up taking the photos for me instead! It was pure proof that where
bring a professional photographer! What I loved most was posing in that space because I felt like I was actively shaping the energy around me. The environment offered so much room to play, and I adore playing with myself, with spaces, and with the lens.
8.-How do you prepare mentally and emotionally before stepping in front of the camera or walking onto a runway?
Because of my height, I haven't walked a runway yet, though I always say, 'never say never!' But when it comes to being in front of the camera, I don't really need to prepare mentally or emotionally because I already feel completely at home. Sometimes I just need a moment to warm up, but as soon as I let go, I truly take flight. I know I have a magnetic presence, but around the right people, I become so much more, which is why the people we work with are so fundamental. I enter a whole different dimension where I can fully express myself, especially in a world where I often find it hard to give shape to all my nuances. The lens speaks to me, and when there s a true professional behind it or a creative director by my side, something incredible is born
9.-Social media has completely changed the modeling industry. Do you see 3ta s an opportunity, a challenge, or a little bit of both?
It's definitely a bit of both. But honestly, the most fun part is turning a challenge into an Opportunity! We are the ones who create and transform our own reality. The more challenges there are, the more chances we have to achieve great things, or at the very least, to improve. I personally love challenges!
10.-Have you ever considered expanding your career into acting, television, presenting, or other areas of entertainment?
Absolutely! People have always told me that I have a natural gift for it, and I have a very strong imagination. However, I truly believe that God knows my path better than I do, so I take things step by step. I follow my own light, guided by my inner star, and I dream big, but ultimately, I leave the decisions in God's hands.
11.-If you could travel back to the beginning of your career, what advice would you give your younger self?
I love this question. I would tell her so many things because I went through so much pain and suffered a lot. But above all, the very first thing I would tell her is to believe in herself and never let bullying tear her down.
12.-What is one misconception people often have about being a professional model that you would like to change?
The misconception that models aren't intelligent. I know it can be frustrating for some people to accept that someone
feel so genuinely happy when I see stunning models, and honestly, people in general, reach the very top.
13.-What are your biggest dreams and goals for the next few years, both professionally and personally?
I know it might sound simple, but my answer is always just one thing: to keep improving. To me, it doesn't make much sense to over-plan life. The most important thing is to grow, evolve, and become a better version of yourself every day. After that, everything else is in God's hands.
14.-Finally, what would you like to say to the people who follow your journey and support you? And where can they follow your upcoming projects?
First, I want to say thank you to my mentor, to the people closest to me, and to everyone who follows my journey. I am so happy to inspire them, but the truth is, they inspire me
the year, and I am super proud of it being a
loving and protecting come naturally to me! A thousand times thank you, and thank you as well for this interview. It is a true honor, and I am deeply grateful for all of this.
You can follow all my upcoming projects and updates on my official social media channels! expand to other social media platforms as well.
Comments
Post a Comment