Interviewing actress and singer Keldamuzik


1. You have built a career as a hip hop artist, actress, and interviewer. How would you describe the connection between these three sides of your creativity?

For me, they’re all connected through storytelling and entertainment. Music allows me to tell my story through lyrics and performance, acting allows me to step outside of myself and bring someone else’s story to life, and interviewing gives me the opportunity to help other people tell their stories. They’re different sides of the same creative world, and I love being able to move between them.

2. What first inspired you to get into hip hop, and what did music give you that you couldn’t express in any other way?

I’ve always loved the confidence, energy and freedom of hip hop. Music gave me a way to express myself without having to fit into anyone else’s definition of who I should be. Once I started creating, I realized I could combine hip hop with dance, pop and R&B influences and build my own sound. Music became a place where I could be completely Keldamuzik.

3. Your music has its own voice and identity. How important is authenticity to you as an artist?

Authenticity is everything. Trends change constantly, but your identity is what people remember. I never wanted to become a copy of another artist. I’ve always wanted people to hear a song, see a performance or watch an interview and immediately know, “That’s Keldamuzik.” Being original and staying true to myself has always been important to me.

4. When did you first realize that acting was another form of storytelling you wanted to explore?

As I became more involved in music videos and being on camera, acting started to feel like a natural extension of what I was already doing. I loved the challenge of becoming someone completely different. Once I started taking on more roles, I realized acting wasn’t just something I wanted to try—it was another part of my career that I wanted to seriously develop.

5. What do you find most exciting about stepping into a character and temporarily seeing the world through someone else’s eyes?

I love being able to disappear into another personality. You have to understand why that character thinks, reacts and feels the way they do, even when they’re completely different from you. It pushes me creatively because I’m not just playing myself. I have to find something truthful in that character and make the audience believe it.

6. Do you approach performing on stage as a musician differently from performing in front of a camera as an actress?

Definitely. On stage, I’m Keldamuzik. It’s big energy, confidence and direct interaction with the audience. I feed off the crowd. Acting in front of a camera can be much more controlled and subtle. Sometimes the smallest facial expression communicates more than a huge reaction. Both require presence, but you use that presence differently.

7. You also host your own interview show. What made you want to become the person asking the questions rather than simply answering them?

That’s one of the reasons I created Diva Talk Tonite. I’ve been interviewed many times throughout my career, and I became interested in what happens on the other side of the conversation. I wanted to create a platform where entertainers, entrepreneurs, authors and other interesting personalities could share more than the usual surface-level answers. Plus, I naturally love talking to people and finding out what makes them tick.

8. What have you learned about people and storytelling from conducting interviews with other artists and performers?

I’ve learned that everybody has a story beyond what you see publicly. Someone can look extremely successful from the outside, but there may have been years of rejection, sacrifice and persistence behind that success. Those conversations have reminded me not to judge someone’s entire journey based on where they are today.

9. As an interviewer yourself, what makes you feel that an interview has been truly successful?

When the guest forgets that they’re being interviewed and it becomes a real conversation. That’s when you usually get the best moments. I want people to feel comfortable enough to laugh, open up and show their personality. If the audience finishes an episode feeling like they actually learned something new about that person, I feel like I did my job.

10. Has being an interviewer changed the way you approach your own interviews and public appearances as an artist?

Absolutely. It taught me that the interviewer is trying to create a great conversation too. Now, when I’m being interviewed, I try to give more than a one-word answer. I think about what might make the conversation interesting for the audience while still being myself.

11. If you could collaborate with any legendary hip hop artist, living or from the past, who would you choose and why?

I would love to collaborate with Missy Elliott. She has always represented creativity, originality and fearlessness to me. Her music, visuals, fashion and performances created their own universe. I respect artists who aren’t afraid to be different, and I think our energies could create something really fun and unexpected.

12. Is there a particular actress, actor, or filmmaker who has influenced the way you see acting and cinema?

I’ve been inspired by strong women who have been able to build careers that go beyond one lane. I especially admire performers who can move between comedy, drama, television, film and producing. Seeing women create their own opportunities has influenced me because I’ve taken a similar approach—if the opportunity doesn’t exist, sometimes you have to create the platform yourself.

13. Looking at everything you’ve accomplished so far, what moment makes you especially proud?

There have been several, but seeing projects that I helped build reach major streaming platforms has been extremely rewarding. Diva Talk Tonite streaming on Tubi and seeing The Hodges continue to reach new audiences are moments I’m very proud of. Winning Best Actress for The Hodges was also special because it represented growth in an area of entertainment that I really challenged myself to pursue.

At the same time, I’m proud that I’ve continued evolving without giving up one part of myself to pursue another. I can make music, perform, act, interview people and produce my own projects. That freedom means a lot to me.

14. Finally, what is the dream you are still chasing — the one project, performance, role, or interview that would make you say, “This is exactly what I wanted to achieve”?

I want Keldamuzik to become a complete entertainment brand with longevity. I would love a major acting role that really challenges me, bigger stages for my music, and for Diva Talk Tonite to continue growing into a nationally recognized entertainment platform.

The ultimate dream isn’t really one moment for me. It’s building a body of work across music, television and film that lasts. I want somebody years from now to discover something I created and still be entertained, inspired or motivated by it. That’s the legacy I’m chasing.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing the actress, model and musician: Abigail

Interviewing actress and filmmaker Jane Elizabeth Dillon

Interviewing actress Ashley Kirkland